You are invited to visit our program, and see what we are doing first-hand.
Coaching Character, Winning with Honor, and Pay It Forward are our core principles to empower youth to be the change they want to see in their lives, and in their future.
When you meet our kids and coaches, you can see how the coaches are working with the students – and the students love to show what they know!
The Playmakers serves boys and girls from disadvantaged backgrounds, and with academic and social challenges. Our after-school programs teach character skills by applying values such as doing the right thing when no one is looking and working together as a team. Our goal is to change children’s lives through coaching, mentoring and encouraging them to think for themselves and their future. We introduce youth to volunteerism and giving back to their communities. Every donation keeps our programs open and helps us serving more students.
Watch our recent video to see The Playmakers Academic Program in action.
Our Character and Leadership programs are on school campuses throughout the Sacramento Region.
To date, we have accomplished:
• Programs on multiple elementary school campuses (25 kids per class)
• Accelerated reading improvements
• Once kids are introduced to our program, they ask to come back!
• Each existing school has a waiting list
• 120+ kids are reading 30 minutes/day with quantifiable data of reading increase
• Qualitative data from principals and teachers of behavioral improvement
• Playmaker alumni include a Pastor, Chief Petty Officer, NFL players/mentors, Stanford football players/mentors
School year hours vary depending on the location. Please contact Coach Roz if you would like to visit a campus near you.
Our coaches are happy to show you around and introduce you to the students. Coach Roz can speak to your group about coaching character and effective tools for coaches. Contact Coach Roz today to learn more.