Dear Friends of Playmakers:
It has been a busy year and we want to update you on the growth of our program. 2017 has brought us many blessings, and we are proud of the accomplishments that are allowing us to fulfill our mission of affecting young lives through Academics, Character & Leadership and Fitness.
- Summer Camp at Oak Hills Church.
- 10-12 trained Coaches mentoring our students.
- 100 students currently being served during the school year; additional students are served at our Summer Academies.
- Increased support from local Civic Groups: We could not do what we do without the fine Rotarians, Optimists and Lions in our community.
- Development of a formal curriculum.
Touching stories from school staff and parents, of changes they have seen in the classroom and at home, are filling our hearts with pride. We don’t call ourselves an anti-bullying program – but we are changing the mindset of young people, coaching them to increase their self-confidence to overcome daily challenges. The acts of kindness stories we are witnessing and hearing tells us our program is touching young lives and The Playmakers pay-it-forward culture is spreading.
As our program evolves, we believe that we are positioned to accelerate our services to many more kids in our area. We are asking for your help which can truly make a difference to the young Playmaker you sponsor. Here are some examples of what your money can buy over the course of one year.
- $15.00/month: Sponsor classroom materials for our academics portion of the program
- $25.00/month: Sponsor field trip transportation
- $35.00/month: Sponsor two young Playmakers
- $50.00/month: Sponsor the expansion of services to a fifth elementary school in 2018
If you can’t give today, do you know someone with a heart for helping kids? Are you connected to a business that might sponsor an educational field trip? We are looking for caring people who would like to make a difference. Contact Coach Roz at 916-220-1284 or ThePlaymakers.org, or download our donation form here.
May you have a Merry Holiday and a Blessed New Year!
Greg “Coach Roz” Roeszler